The kids are back in school and summer weather is no more. But there’s no need to fret. Soon enough apple cider, hayrides, bonfires, and the copious use of cinnamon will signal the glorious arrival of fall.
As the air starts feeling a bit crisp and the leaves begin to turn, we’re all excited to start celebrating the impending autumn season. What’s on every family’s fall bucket list? Visiting a pumpkin patch of course! With good eats, games, and adorable photos, it’s easy to tell why we love the annual pilgrimage to our favorite patch.
Portland Mom Collective has put together a full list of local pumpkin patches, divided by those to the north, south, east, and west (see below — and check out the online map!).
A Few Pumpkin Patch Tips:
- If you can go on a weekday, do it! It will be much less crowded, and the farms often have weekday pricing. With that in mind, there are usually fewer “activities” during the week, so weigh out the pros/cons beforehand.
- Remember these are working farms! Common sense prevails and kiddos need supervision. Many have heavy equipment and live animals. You don’t want your child to end up in a pig pen!
- We know you want those adorable pumpkin pictures, but keep in mind part of the fun of a farm is getting a little dirt on your hands…and clothes. Depending on the weather, it can get both muddy and HOT in those patches. So dress in layers, and be prepared with boots and raincoats! Seasoned moms bring towels and a change of clothes just in case.
- This guide has been updated for 2022, but considering the ever-changing nature of life these days, please check all COVID-safety protocols beforehand on the farms’ websites.
- Prices will likely increase this year due to factors affecting ALL of agriculture. Please note that our farmers are trying to keep the magic going!
- Many pumpkin patches open for the season based on conditions and activities offered — check days/hours before you go!
To the North
9028 NE 13th Ave (Portland)
16205 NW Gillihan Rd. (Portland)
17100 NW Sauvie Island Rd. (Portland)
16511 NW Gillihan Rd (Portland)
18905 NE 83rd St (Vancouver)
9504 NE 119th St (Vancouver)
20902 NE Lucia Falls Road (Yacolt, WA)
To the South
26801 SW Stafford Rd (Wilsonville)
20345 SW Scholls Sherwood Rd (Sherwood)
17971 SW Scholls Sherwood Rd (Sherwood)
19200 SW Chapman Rd (Sherwood)
4745 Raybell Rd (St Paul)
2512 N Holly St (Canby)
12989 Howell Prairie Rd NE (Gervais)
17673 French Prairie Rd (St. Paul)
21975 SW 65th Ave (Tualatin)
14601 Arndt Road (Aurora)
21231 SW Johnson Rd (West Linn)
To the West
11435 NW Old Cornelius Pass Rd (Portland)
23985 NW Grossen Dr (Hillsboro)
22242 SW Scholls Ferry Rd (Beaverton)
22801 SW Scholls Ferry Rd (Hillsboro)
34840 SW Johnson School Rd (Cornelius)